CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionSilent Night tells the story of two very different love affairs; one, set amidst the terrible flight of the eastern Germans ahead of the invading Red Army, and the other, in occupied France. In a small town in Northern France, a German woman arrives in search of a Frenchman, a prisoner of war, whom she loves. Earlier in the war, a young French woman, whose father is the Vichy mayor of the town, finds herself drawn to a Luftwaffe pilot billeted in their house. As the cauldron of war settles, their two stories come together, with both women finding that they must bury their past in order to live with the choices they have made for the future. Charles Ellingworth's haunting first vel evokes the powerful story of what happens to those left behind, the devastation of war and the resilience of the human spirit. A rich and compelling vel that skilfully captures the trauma and chaos of war-torn Europe, Silent Night is a must for anyone who enjoyed Suite Francaise or Birdsong.
- Author BiographyCharles Ellingworth read history at Oxford. He is married and lives on a farm in Somerset with numerous animals including three sons.
- Author(s)Charles Ellingworth
- PublisherQuartet Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuartet Books
- Weight386 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.