All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionFrom basic physics to new products, Silica Optical Fiber Techlogy for Device and Components examines all aspects of specialty optical fibers. Moreover, the inclusion of the latest international standards governing optical fibers enables you to move from research to fabrication to commercialization. * Reviews all the latest specialty optical fiber techlogies, including those developed for high capacity WDM applications; broadband fiber amplifiers; fiber filleters based on periodic coupling; fiber branching devices; and fiber terminations * Discusses key differences among single mode fibers, multimode fibers for high speed Ethernet LAN, and dispersion compensating fibers for long-haul applications * Compares the most recently developed conventional optical fibers with the latest photonic crystal fibers still in development A self-contained, menu-driven software program is included for optical fiber design, simulating waveguide structures for most of the fibers discussed in the book.
- Author BiographyKYUNGHWAN OH, PhD , is Professor in the Department of Physics at Yonsei University. Dr. Oh is Alexander von Humbodt Research Fellow, Chevening Scholar, and JSPS Invitation Fellow. UN-CHUL PAEK, PhD , was Professor at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology. Dr. Paek was a Fellow at Bell Labs, an OSA Fellow, and a Member of National Academy of Engineering, United States.
- Author(s)Kyunghwan Oh,Un-Chul Paek
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteill
- Weight782 g
- Width156 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.