Silicon Dragon: How China is Winning the Tech Race by Rebecca A. Fannin (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you want to discover the Next Big Thing in techlogy...ENTER THE DRAGON. You already kw that China is the most populated nation on the planet. You already kw about the rapid growth of its Internet and the recent development of its techlogies. But did you realize that China has...The world's largest number of mobile phone users (500 million) Three times as many engineering students as the United States? A dozen more billion-dollar tech firms than the United States? The fastest growing venture capital market in the world? It's time to face the facts: China is catching up to the United States as a global leader of techlogy--and, within a few years, may surpass every nation in the world. By modeling their new tech-based companies on successful American ones like Google and Yahoo, a new breed of entrepreneur is leading China through a second Industrial Revolution. Financial journalist Rebecca A. Fannin traveled from Shanghai to Beijing and beyond to speak face-to-face withChina's hottest up-and-comers. For some of these young entrepreneurs, it's their first interview with the Western press--and their first chance to introduce their companies before the stocks hit Nasdaq. You'll meet smart and savvy self-starters like Robin Li, who made his company Baidu in the image of Google. You'll meet inventors and invators like Liu Yingkui, who developed software for selling goods over cell phones, t PCs. You'll also meet the American venture capitalists who are searching for deals every day in every corner of China. Whether you're an investor, entrepreneur, tech whiz, or dot-com mogul, you can make peace with the dragon--and profits, too.
- Author BiographyRebecca A. Fannin is the International Editor of the Hong Kong weekly Asian Venture Capital Journal and a former International News Editor at Red Herring. Since 1992, she has been reporting on innovation, technology, and the emerging economies in Hong Kong, Bangalore, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, and other major cities around the world.
- Author(s)Rebecca A. Fannin
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight453 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.