All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first work to comprehensively cover this all-important topic, the recognized expert Helmut Vorbreggen provides both organic and bioorganic chemists with much new and valuable information for preparative synthesis. Although every organic chemist may be familiar with different aspects of silylation for the protection of functional groups, this book covers the concept of protection while simultaneously silylating-activating various functional groups, such as amides and ureas. This vel methodology opens thus numerous synthetic pathways while effecting the elimination of water in it volatile persilylated form under rather mild reaction conditions, which are often advantageous compared to conventional methods.The compact form and clear structure of this mograph make this a long-awaited ready reference. The contents include: Introduction; Techniques of Preparative Silylations-Desilylations; Preparation and Properties of Silicoxy-Leaving Groups; Reactions of Free and Derivatized Carboxylic Acids and Carbon Dioxide; Reactions of Aldehydes and Ketones; Reactions of Alcohols, Ethers and Epoxides; Reaction of N-O Systems; Reactions of S-O and Se-O Systems; Cyclizations and Ring Enlargements; Base and Acid-Catalyzed as well as Thermal Eliminations of Trimethylsilal; Peterson Reactions; Formation of Carbon-Phosphorous Double- and Triple Bonds; Reductions and Oxidations; Dehydration-Activation as well as Silylation of Irganic and Organic Salts and Metalorganic Compounds; and, Formation of Polymers.
- Author BiographyHelmut Vorbruggen Born in 1930, Helmut Vorbruggen received his Ph.D. in organic chemistry at the University of Gottingen, Germany, working with H. Brockmann (1956-1958). He held research assistant positions at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden with H. Erdtman, at Stanford University, California, USA with C. Djerassi, and at the Woodward Research Institute in Basel, Switzerland with R.B. Woodward. From 1966 until 1995 he was department head at central research of Schering AG in Berlin, Germany, as well as from 1973-1994 Adjunct Professor of Organic Chemistry at the Technical University, Berlin and from 1995-2004, Visiting Professor at the Department of Organic Chemistry, Free University, Berlin. Professor Vorbruggen is the author and editor of more than 120 articles, reviews, and monographs and has introduced new synthetic methods as well as new reagents such as trimethylsilyl triflate into preparative organic chemistry.
- Author(s)H. Vorbrueggen
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication14/09/2004
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight836 g
- Width186 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.