All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese are the first two volumes of the Croatian poet and velist Irena Vrkljan's lyrical autobiography. Although each vel illuminates the other, they also stand alone as original and independent works of art. In The Silk, the Shears, Vrkljan traces the symbolic and moral significance of her life, and her vision of the fate of women in her mother's time and in her own. Marina continues the intense analysis of the poetic self, using the life of Marina Tsvetaeva to meditate on the processes behind biography.
- Author(s)Irena Vrkljan
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication23/03/1999
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleWritings from an Unbound Europe S.
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight213 g
- Width121 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated bySibelan Forrester,Celia Hawkesworth
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.