All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThirty-five years ago this collection of poems caused a wave of enthusiasm in Russia and became a bestseller because of its unusual language style--the Russian poems were written to sound as though they had been translated from British English. Its comical poems fooled thousands of children and their parents with their Russian flavor and British style; many even became popular song lyrics. With this translation into English these quirky poems have come full circle, their British flavor finally appropriate to the language used.
- Author BiographyVadim Levin is the author of the original Russian edition of Silly Horse. In addition to being a writer, he is a doctor of psychology and a lecturer in the field of education. Evgeny Antonenkov is an art director for Arkaim children's publishing house. He has illustrated more than 25 books, the most recent of which was nominated for the 2004 Bologna Ragazzi Award. He has participated in various exhibitions in Europe and Asia and has had solo exhibitions in Moscow and Prague.
- Author(s)Vadim Levin
- PublisherPumpkin House Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPumpkin House Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width214 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Evgeny Antonenkov
- Translated byTanya Wolfson,Tatiana Zunshine
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.