Silman's Complete Endgame Course: From Beginner to Master by I.M. Jeremy Silman (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $97.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over 100 years, the world's leading chess players and teachers have told their students to study the endgame. Now, for the first time, a revolutionary, richly instructive endgame book has been designed for players of all levels. This is the one and only endgame book you'll need as you move up the ladder from beginner to tournament player and master. Designed to speak to a player in a very personal way, Silman's book teaches the student everything he or she needs to kw at his or her current rating level, and builds on that kwledge for each subsequent phase of the player's development. Starting at the beginner's level, all basic mates are clearly and painstakingly explained. After that, the critical building blocks that form the endgame foundation for all tournament hopefuls and experienced tournament competitors are explored in detail. Finally, advanced endgame secrets, based on concepts rather than memorization, are presented in a way that makes them easy to master. The basic keys to a well-rounded endgame education -- Opposition, the Lucena and Philidor Positions, Cat and Mouse, Trebuchet, Fox in the Chicken Coup, Triangulation, Building a Box, Square of a Pawn, Outflanking, the Principle of Two Weaknesses -- are vital. But equally important is creating a love of the endgame, which is addressed at the end of the book with a look at chess tactics, mir piece domination, and a discussion of the five greatest endgame players of all time -- all things that every fan of chess at every level can enjoy. If you have found the endgame to be a mystery, if you have found that your confidence plummets once you reach an endgame, if you have searched for an instructive endgame book that will turn your weakest link -- your endgame -- into your personal field of power, your search is over. The book is the key to a world of essential ideas, startling beauty, and stunning creativity.
- Author BiographyJeremy Silman is an International Master and a world-class teacher, writer, and player who has won the American Open, the National Open, and the U.S. Open.
- Author(s)I.M. Jeremy Silman
- PublisherSiles Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/02/2007
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSiles Press,U.S.
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight1114 g
- Width255 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $25.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.