Silver Eagle: The Official Biography of Band of Brothers Veteran Clancy Lyall by Clancy Lyall, Ronald Ooms (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'SILVER EAGLE', the official biography of Band of Brothers veteran Clancy Lyall, written by his friend Ronald Ooms. After the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and seeing every young man leave town to join the army or the merchant marine, Clancy, who was only sixteen, didn't want to stay behind. He lied about his age and enlisted into the military. He became part of the 101st Airborne and saw action in Europe where he jumped into Normandy during D-Day. After a narrow escape from death he was reassigned to Easy Company 506, the famous 'Band of Brothers'. He saw action during Operation Market Garden, confronted the freezing temperatures and brutal barrage by the enemy during the Battle of the Bulge, witnessed the horrors of the concentration camps in Nazi Germany and became the first allied soldier to step into Hitler's 'Eagles Nest' in Berchtesgaden. At the end of World War II he re-enlisted and joined the 82nd Airborne where he was stationed near Frankfurt, Germany. He made two more combat jumps in Korea, doubling his total of combat stars on his jump wings. And with that becoming one of the few to ever achieve that feat. In Indochina he became an adviser for the 29th French Parachute Division. This is his story told by the man himself.
- Author BiographyRonald Ooms is a 34 year-old Belgian author. He worked for almost a decade as a youth worker for numerous socio-cultural non-profit organizations. Since his childhood he has been interested in everything related to World War II thanks to the stories told by his grandparents. For more than a decade he travelled to historic places relating to the War whenever possible. Some years ago he became a qualified journalist and started to write for a local newspaper. His close friendship with Clancy Lyall over the years resulted into the writing of the book, Silver Eagle. He's also got a passion for motor-sports and hopes to write something about F1 Racing one day. Ronald is available for interviews, even abroad. Should the distance be too far or he can't make the trip, he would gladly do a telephone conference. He resides in the city of Geel in the north of Belgium.
- Author(s)Clancy Lyall,Ronald Ooms
- PublisherPneuma Springs Publishing
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationDartford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPneuma Springs Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight198 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.