All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty-five years after the very public tragedy of the space shuttle Challenger, June Scobee Rodgers has written her private story-her winding path through childhood poverty, homelessness, and family dysfunction to her teenage marriage and twenty-six years of love and life with Dick Scobee. This is the story, too, of that heartbreaking day in January 1986 when Commander Scobee and his six crewmates slipped the surly bonds of Earth. That day, June's life took a new direction that ultimately led to the creation of the Challenger Center for Space Science Education and to new love and new life with Don Rodgers. Her story of faith and triumph over adversity will inspire readers of every age.
- Author BiographyJune Scobee Rodgers, originally from Alabama, is the widow of Dick Scobee, commander of the space shuttle Challenger. June serves as the Founding Chairman of the Board and as a Founding Director for Challenger Center for Space Science Education. Holding a Ph.D. from Texas A&M University and a Master's degree from Chapman College, both in Curriculum and Instruction, she is proud of the fact that she has taught in every grade-level classroom from kindergarten through college. June is married to retired Army Lieutenant General Don Rodgers. They live in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and have three grown children and nine grandchildren.
- Author(s)June Scobee Rodgers
- PublisherSmyth & Helwys,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationMacon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmyth & Helwys,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.