All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking us back to the early nineteenth century, when baseball was played in the meadows and streets of Rochester, New York, Silver Seasons and a New Frontier retraces the careers of the players and managers who honed their skills at Silver Stadium and later at Frontier Field. The many greats who played for the Rochester Red Wings - Stan Musial, Cal Ripken, Jr., Bob Gibson, Boog Powell, Jim Palmer, Eddie Murray, and Juslin Morneau - are among those brought to life in this story rich with quirky performances and poignant moments. This updated version of Silver Seasons: The Story of the Rochester Red Wings , published in 1996, includes three new chapters covering the team's record-setting tenth International League championship, being named top mir league franchise by Baseball America, and their new affiliation with the Minnesota Twins. In this title, read about the longest game in pro baseball history, a thirty-three-inning affair between the Red Wings and the Pawtucket Red Sox that stretched from April to June; learn about one of the greatest teams in mir league history, the 1971 Junior World Series champion Red Wings; take a trip back in time and relive the miracle hamers hit by Estel Crabtree in 1939 and Jim Finigan in 1961; and, reminisce about the closing of Fabled Silver Stadium and the opening of glorious Frontier Field in downtown Rochester, which was capped by an unlikely championship in the Red Wings' first season at their new park in 1997.
- Author BiographyJim Mandelaro has covered the Rochester Red Wings for the Democrat and Chronicle since 1991. He has twice been honored as Sportswriter of the Year by the Rochester Press-Radio Club. He was inducted into the Frontier Field Walk of Fame in 2007. Scott Pitoniak is the author of ten books, including Memories of Yankee Stadium. He was inducted into the Frontier Field Walk of Fame in 1999 and the Newhouse School of Public Communications Hall of Fame in 2000.
- Author(s)Jim Mandelaro,Scott Pitoniak
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Note63 black-&-white illustrations, index
- Weight703 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byCal Ripken
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.