Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Mary, an ordinary working mom - until she dies on the operating table after being struck by a bus. Skilled surgeons help her return from the precipice of death through an induced coma, allowing her body to begin the healing process. After effects of a painful limp and intermittent panic attacks seem a small price to pay for the rmal life she is able to live. In an attempt to regain her lost memory of the accident and better understand the panic attacks, Mary is led to Dr. Lee by Meg, a reporter in search of a story. Through hypsis, Dr. Lee leads Mary into a world of experiences unkwn even to him except through theory. There she meets people who have touched her life in various ways and eventually guide her into an awareness of the Silver Strands connecting each person to every other person who ever touches their life in any way. Join Mary - take a walk in her shoes - as she travels to different realms - in which all the people she's ever kwn - alive or dead - impart stunning news to her, including the identity of a serial killer who snatched her best childhood friend one Halloween night. During this magical journey, she sees the faces behind the masks we all wear. Many of them are t pretty. She, as you will also be, is shocked to discover the dreadful secret behind her charming young mailman's magnetic smile. Think of The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold meets The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Album. Silver Strands, however, is based on a well-researched metaphysical study that suggests there is, indeed, a silver cord, (also called sutratma, ) a life thread that links our spiritual self with our physical self. We discover the most basic, elementary fact surrounding the human race - we are all connected to.
- Author BiographyAbout the author Eileen Bennett is a retired, award-winning newspaper reporter and editor based in the southern New Jersey/Philadelphia area. After nearly 30 years of news experience, she retired from The Press of Atlantic City. In 2005, she published the fictional Incidental Tears, and in 2009 published Amanda's Voice, the true story of the 2006 murders of her stepdaughter and two young grandchildren.
- Author(s)Eileen Bennett
- PublisherFireside Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFireside Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.