All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Stephanie Buckhan Crowder reexamines the role of Simon of Cyrene during the crucifixion as presented in the Gospel of Luke. Engaging in cultural studies as an interpretive base, Crowder maintains that because Simon was forced or conscripted to carry the cross, his actions cant be interpreted as those of a disciple who voluntarily followed Jesus. Further, since the gospel writer Luke was under duress and could t openly record such activity, he engaged in a rhetoric of subversion in order to protect himself. Luke's literature thus bespeaks of his own socio-cultural and socio-political environment under the Roman Empire.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Stephanie Buckhanon Crowder received her Ph.D. in religion (New Testament) from Vanderbilt University. She has served as Adjunct Professor of New Testament at American Baptist College in Nashville, Tennessee. An ordained Baptist and Disciples of Christ minister, she has published various articles.
- Author(s)Stephanie Buckhanon Crowder
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 46
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.