All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionStudies show that young children who learn sign language are well prepared to acquire future language and literacy skills. Sign language provides a good foundation for language skills and an additional avenue of communication for infants, toddlers, and preschool children. Infants and toddlers often become frustrated when trying to communicate their needs. Sign language allows them to communicate their needs without words, reducing frustration. Written for teachers of hearing children from birth to age six, Simple Signing with Young Children is the perfect introduction to American Sign Language. Organized by age, there are chapters for infants, toddlers, and preschool children, with age-appropriate signs. The chapter written for teachers of infants focuses on using beginning signs as a bridge to language, while the toddler chapter focuses on signs to promote expression, enrich vocabulary, and teach social skills. The preschool chapter places an emphasis on using signs to enhance emergent literacy skills. There is a chapter on signing for children with special needs that incorporates multi-sensory learning activities. The chapter on using signs for classroom management includes signing to help children with impulse control, their emotions, and transitions. Each sign is illustrated with a caption and one or more photos of a young child or adult practicing the sign, so the signs are easy to understand and execute. Instructions for putting signs together into simple sentences are also included. With Simple Signing, teachers can incorporate sign language into daily activities, making this the perfect book to introduce all young children to signing.
- Author BiographyCarol Garboden Murray holds a masters degree in special education and early childhood development from the University of Florida. She's been working with young children for 17 years as a preschool teacher, special educator, early interventionist, parent educator, and Day Care Director.
- Author(s)Carol Garboden Murray
- PublisherGryphon House,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBeltsville, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGryphon House,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.