All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMillions of individuals describe themselves as being confused about the steps necessary to improve the appearance of their skin. After all, the average consumer is regularly confronted with advertisements and recommendations for a dizzying array of skincare products, t to mention conflicting messages about the skincare practices that are most helpful. It's wonder most individuals are unsure of what their skin needs; uncertainty that often leads to the implementation of regimens that do more harm than good. In Simple Skincare, Beautiful Skin: A Back-to-Basics Approach , Dr. Ahmed Abdullah presents readers with the scientific facts related to skincare. By highlighting the most relevant pieces of information in an approachable manner, he intends to create an empowered consumer -- one capable of making smart choices about the products they use and the skincare practices they employ. After all, as Dr. Abdullah reminds readers throughout the book, beautiful skin can only be expected from healthy skin. A board-certified plastic surgeon actively practicing in the United States and Dubai, and an internationally recognized aloe researcher, Dr. Abdullah has been promoting a back-to-basics approach to skincare for nearly 15 years though his practice, his skincare brand, and his skincare clinics. Simple Skincare, Beautiful Skin: A Back-to-Basics Approach represents a collection of some of his most effective advice.
- Author BiographyDr. Ahmed Abdullah is a board-certified plastic and cosmetic surgeon and a recognized expert on the restorative and medicinal effects of aloe vera. Additionally, he is founder/formulator of the Lexli line of aloe-based professional skincare.Dr. Abdullah has proven that many common skin concerns can be avoided by optimizing skin health. His research has shown that the use of pharmaceutical-grade aloe vera is a beneficial tool in that effort. Thus, Dr. Abdullah travels the world educating licensed skincare professionals and consumers alike about the proper ways to utilize aloe in skincare applications, the essential steps to ensuring the skin s basic needs are met, and setting the record straight on prevalent skincare myths. Furthermore, he continues to see patients regularly at his practices in North Dakota and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.A member of the International Aloe Science Council (IASC), Dr. Abdullah has served on its board of directors. He is also a Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and serves on the Ethics Committee of the North Dakota Medical Association.Dr. Abdullah earned his medical degree from Northwestern University and completed his residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. He is married to Dr. Kay Abdullah, a board-certified surgeon, with whom he has twin sons Alex and Ali.
- Author(s)Ahmed Abdullah
- PublisherGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, figures
- Weight210 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.