All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows you how to improve poor posture habits to enhance your health and improve well-being, with over 150 easy to refer to photographs. It illustrates more appropriate ways to perform everyday activities outside and in the home, such as cooking, cleaning, eating and drinking, working at a desk, using the phone, carrying shopping and more. It offers practical advice for the relief of pain and stress, depression, anxiety, joint problems, gastro-intestinal problems and other stress-related conditions. It offers clear advice and instructions, showing both good and bad practice. It offers help on countering and changing negative postural habits to relieve the stresses of everyday life. The conditions of modern life, often sedentary for large proportions of the day, have caused us to lose the natural good use of the body. As a result poor posture can lead to debilitating problems, ranging from bad backs, stiff necks, headaches and irritability to lethargy and even depression. This fully-illustrated guide to the theory and practice of the Alexander Technique shows how modified posture and breathing patterns can bring relief from pain and stress. The book begins with an explanation of the technique and how, by realigning the head, the neck and the back, we can enjoy stress-free movement. This is followed by descriptions of appropriate postures for basic physical actions - walking, standing, sitting, bending, lifting, carrying and squatting. Everyday activities are illustrated, showing improved ways of performing these tasks. With 150 photographs this book is a concise guide to improved posture.
- Author BiographyMichele MacDonnell was educated at the Sorbonne University in Paris and became the Managing Director of a small independent publishing house, specializing in books associated with alternative medicine. She has since run her own private practice in London, has attained her Teacher's Diploma, and has run numerous workshops and courses.
- Author(s)Michele MacDonnell
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2013
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 150 photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.