All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an up-to-date introduction to simple theories and hyperimaginaries, with special attention to Lascar strong types and elimination of hyperimaginary problems. Assuming only kwledge of general model theory, the foundations of forking, stability and simplicity are presented in full detail. The treatment of the topics is as general as possible, working with stable formulas and types and assuming stability or simplicity of the theory only when necessary. The author offers an introduction to independence relations as well as a full account of canical bases of types in stable and simple theories. In the last chapters the tions of internality and analyzability are discussed and used to provide a self-contained proof of elimination of hyperimaginaries in supersimple theories.
- Author BiographyDr Enrique Casanovas is a Professor of Logic and Philosophy of Science in the Department of Logic, History and Philosophy of Science at the University of Barcelona. His research has been published in the Journal of Symbolic Logic, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic and the Journal of Mathematical Logic, among others.
- Author(s)Enrique Casanovas
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Logic
- Series Part/Volume Number39
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight380 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.