All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first complete translation into a modern language of the first part of the pagan Neoplatonist Simplicius of Cilicia's commentary on Aristotle's argument that the world neither came to be r will perish. It is table and unusual among the commentaries because Simplicius includes in his discussion lengthy representations of the Christian John Philoponus' criticisms of Aristotle along with his own, frequently heavily sarcastic, responses.
- Author BiographyIan Mueller is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy, University of Chicago.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- Series TitleAncient Commentators on Aristotle
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byIan Mueller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.