All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised edition of our best selling beginner Tai Chi Chuan book includes a new and modern easy-to-follow layout. Every tai chi movement is presented in 2-4 large photographs with clear instructions, followed by key points to help you learn properly. In 1956, the Chinese Athletic Committee created the Simplified 24 Posture Tai Chi form from the Yang style. The movements in this simplified form are easy to learn and the postures are standardized to the Yang style. Simplified Tai Chi Chuan 24 Posture is the most popular beginner tai chi form practiced today. It takes about 10 hours to learn and can be performed in 6 minutes. In 1976, the Chinese Athletic Committee created the 48 Posture Tai Chi form from Yang, Wu, Chen, and Sun styles. This allows an intermediate practitioner to experience these traditional styles in one short form. This tai chi form can be performed in 12 minutes. Inside this book: * A general introduction to tai chi chuan. * A theoretical foundation of tai chi chuan. * Tai chi history. * Guidelines for good practice including fundamental stances, balance, breathing, and movement. * The entire Simplified 24 Posture Tai Chi form with step-by-step instructions. * Martial applications for the Simplified 24 Posture Tai Chi form. * The entire 48 Posture Tai Chi form with step-by-step instructions. * Foot placement diagram.
- Author BiographyGrandmaster Liang, Shou-Yu, is author of numerous martial art books and videos, and an internationally renowned teacher of Chinese martial arts and qigong. He is one of China's top coaches, a past judge for numerous national martial arts competitions, and head coach for the first and second Canadian National Wushu teams. Grandmaster Liang operates his martial arts institute in Vancouver British Columbia. Wen-Ching Wu is author of seven books and five videos. He is a past USA martial arts grand champion and has been teaching martial arts since 1991. Wen Ching Wu resides near East Providence, Rhode Island.
- Author(s)Liang Shou-Yu,Wu Wen-Ching
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRolindale, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 595 black & white halftones
- Weight667 g
- Width184 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.