All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnbekwnst to many folks outside the Amish Mennite population in America, Pinecraft, Florida--a village tucked away in the heart of Sarasota--is the vacation paradise of the Plain People. Unlike any other Plain community in the world, this village is a virtual melting pot of Amish and Mennites from around the world, intermingled with people, like author Sherry Gore's family, who live there year-round. Gore has put together a cookbook that represents the people who make Pinecraft unique. With hundreds of easy-to-prepare recipes, 16 full-color photographs and black-and-white photographs throughout, this cookbook includes traditional favorites such as Sweet Potato Sweet Mash and Mrs. Byler's Glazed Donuts, as well as Florida favorites including Fried Alligator Nuggets, Grilled Lime Fish Fillets, and Strawberry Mango Smoothies. Interspersed with the recipes are true-life stories about births, engagements, weddings, deaths, funerals, celebrations, wildlife encounters, and accidents told through years of Sherry's Letters from Home column published in The Budget, the Amish newspaper. This delightful cookbook offers readers a faith-based, family-focused perspective of the simple way of life of the Plain People. It is truly a breath of fresh air from Sarasota, Florida!
- Author BiographySherry Gore is the author of Simply Delicious Amish Cooking (formerly titled Taste of Pinecraft) and is the editor-in-chief of Cooking andamp; Such magazine, which has been called 'completely heartwarming and visually stunning' by Amish novelist Cindy Woodsmall . Sherry is also a weekly scribe for the national edition of the 120-year-old Amish newspaper, The Budget. The National Geographic Channel featured Sherry prominently in the 2012 debut season of their documentary series, Amish: Out of Order. Sherry is a year-round resident of beautiful, sun-kissed Sarasota, Florida, the vacation paradise of the Plain People. She has three children and is a member of a Beachy Amish Mennonite church. She's a caregiver to her twenty-two-year-old daughter, a Sunday school teacher, a cooking show host, and an official pie contest judge. As an author and longtime resident of Pinecraft, Sherry has worked with local Sarasota County government and various travel groups to generate interest for this unique and beautiful village.
- Author(s)Sherry Gore
- Date of Publication07/05/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Series TitleThe Pinecraft Collection
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width173 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.