All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionCBT is the most widely endorsed Evidence Based Treatment (EBT) for psychological disorders. This invative volume exclusively addresses CBT Supervision, which plays a vital role in the translation of CBT from an EBT to routine practise. Supervision requires a combination of kwledge and skill - the kwledge of the appropriate CBT protocol for the situation and the skill to equip the practitioner with the competencies to deliver these protocols in the context in which they are operating. In Simply Effective CBT Supervision, Michael J. Scott provides a unique guide to the particular skills necessary to monitor the fidelity and competence with which an EBT is implemented. There is an emphasis throughout on the importance of experiential learning, with detailed transcripts of supervisor-supervisee conversations, a focus on group supervision and the management of group processes. The power differential between supervisor and supervisee is ackwledged and addressed with guidelines and safeguards that will ensure that client needs can be addressed in a spirit of collaborative empiricism, and the text also covers the importance of matching the supervisor and supervisee. The book also incorporates downloadable worksheets for supervisor and supervisee. Covering the skills necessary to be an effective CBT supervisor, this is the ideal book for current and prospective CBT supervisors looking to extend their kwledge base.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Scott is a consultant psychologist working in Liverpool. His previous books in this series are Simply Effective Group CBT and Simply Effective CBT and he is the author of seven other titles including CBT for Common Trauma Responses and Moving on after Trauma. Dr Scott is currently an external examiner at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Author(s)Michael J. Scott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 43 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.