All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearch shows that cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) is an effective treatment for common mental health disorders of mild to moderate severity. Simply Effective Cognitive Behaviour Therapy guides the therapist in treating clients effectively in a simple, structured, time-limited way, as well as indicating where additional treatment or referral is required, thus widening access to CBT. In this book, Michael J. Scott provides a practical and concise guide for therapists using CBT with a range of disorders including: * depression * panic disorder and agoraphobia * post-traumatic stress disorder * generalised anxiety disorder * obsessive compulsive disorder * social phobia.
Simply Effective CBT is illustrated throughout with transcripts of sessions which serve as models for putting theory into practice. It provides the therapist with sufficient understanding of the cognitive theory of a disorder, enabling them to tailor the protocols provided to the needs of the individual. The appendices include a CBT Pocketbook - to guide treatment and assessment for each disorder - making it essential reading for all professionals using CBT.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Scott is a practising Consultant Psychologist working in Liverpool and author of six books on CBT. He taught CBT for 15 years at the University of Manchester and is also External Examiner for the MSc in Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies at the University of Chester.
- Author(s)Michael J. Scott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 67 black & white tables, 17 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.