All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt last! A new book by our most popular theologian written for anyone interested in popular theology - whether believer, agstic or atheist. Confronts head-on the most common objections to belief Compelling answers to FAQs about the gospel: Why is it 'good news'? Who did Jesus think he was? And who is 'God', anyway? Written by a world-rewned scholar and communicator, hailed by Newsweek as 'the world's leading New Testament scholar' Ideal for all who want to reaffirm their faith, as well as finding more convincing ways of commending it to others The Gospel means good news, but what makes it news? If the message has been around for 2,000 years, what could possibly be newsworthy about it? And what makes it good? Surely t the stories we hear of damnation, violence, and an angry God. Tom Wright believes many Christians have lost sight of what the 'good news' of the gospel really is. In Simply Good News, he shows how a first-century audience would have received the gospel message, what the 'good news' means for us today and how it can transform our lives.
- Author BiographyTom Wright is Research Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of St Andrews. He is the author of over seventy books, including the 'For Everyone' guides to the New Testament and, most recently, Creation, Power and Truth, Finding God in the Psalms, The Meal Jesus Gave Us, Surprised by Scripture and Paul and the Faithfulness of God (all SPCK).
- Author(s)Tom Wright
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.