All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Essence of Managing Henry Mintzberg appreciates that managers are busy people. So he has taken his classic book Managing, done some updating, and distilled its essence into a lean 176 pages of text. The essence of the book remains the same: what Mintzberg learned from observing twenty-nine managers in settings ranging from a refugee camp to a symphony orchestra. Simply Managing considers the intense dynamics of this job as well as its inescapable conundrums, for example: How is anyone supposed to think, let alone think ahead, in this frenetic job? Are leaders really more important than managers? Where has all the judgment gone? Is email destroying management practice? How can managers connect when their job disconnects them from what they are managing? If you read only one book about managing, this should be it!
- Author BiographyHenry Mintzberg is Cleghorn Professor of Management Studies at McGill University and a founding partner of CoachingOurselves.com. He has won awards from many prestigious academic and practitioner institutions in management and is the author or coauthor of sixteen books. His next project is a series of electronic pamphlets entitled Rebalancing Society: Radical Renewal beyond Left, Right, and Center (see www.mintzberg.org).
- Author(s)Henry Mintzberg
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.