Simply the Best: Players on Performance by Mike Johnston, Ryan Walter (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes players simply the best? That's what coach Mike Johnston and former NHL great Ryan Walter set out to discover in Simply the Best: Players on Performance. The authors interviewed Sidney Crosby, Cassie Campbell, Shane Doan, Jarome Iginla, Ed Jovavski, Trevor Linden, Scott Niedermayer, Joe Sakic and Hayley Wickenheiser to discover how they prepare to be the best in the world, how they lead a dressing room from the inside out, and how coaches best inspire their winning performances. In their previous book, the hugely successful Simply the Best: Insights and Strategies from Great Hockey Coaches, Johnston and Walter asked top hockey coaches to talk about the methods they use to get the best performance from their players. In seeking the players' perspective, the authors have again compiled fascinating information that is as relevant to the game of life as it is to hockey. Young and old alike will be inspired and motivated as they gain access to exclusive insights directly from the players. Simply the Best: Players on Performance is t only a must-read for hockey fans, players and coaches, but will also resonate with anyone pursuing excellence, individually or as part of a team.
- Author BiographyBorn in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Mike Johnston has had a long and notable career coaching hockey, including coaching and assistant coaching for the Vancouver Canucks in 1999, Canada's National Men's Team, the Canada Selects, Canada's 1998 Winter Olympics team, Canada's junior team, Team Canada at the World Championships from 1995 to 1998 and again in 2007 as well as the University of New Brunswick men's Varsity Reds hockey team, where he was 1994 coach of the year. Mike was an assistant coach with the Los Angeles Kings from 2006 to 2008 and is currently the head coach and general manager of the WHL's Portland Winter Hawks. Ryan Walter played 15 seasons and over 1,000 games in the NHL. Drafted second overall by the Washington Capitals in 1978, he went on to win a Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens and a World Championship medal with Team Canada. He finished his playing career with the Vancouver Canucks and was an assistant coach for the Canucks during the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons. Ryan is an acclaimed international speaker and leadership trainer, entrepreneur and television broadcaster, and is committed to inspiring the hungry spirit.
- Author(s)Mike Johnston,Ryan Walter
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2007
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Note10 b/w photos
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.