All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMelville C. Branch continues his lifelong examination of planning as inherent in all human activities, and the primary determinant of our prospects and survival as a species. This latest work discusses the use of simulation throughout society, as the representation of what is considered or planned. Simulation is everpresent in many different forms, such as financial statements representing the ecomic state of a business, flight simulators used in training pilots, and wind tunnels and hydrodynamic tanks employed in research. Scientific sample polls of relatively few people reveal the collective opinion of entire populations. Mathematical models are used to analyze all sorts of phemena and to plan many activities. Literature, law, music, and art simulate human thoughts, emotions, concerns, and conclusions. Simulation is an essential element of individual behavior and societal action.
- Author BiographyMELVILLE C. BRANCH is Distinguished Professor of Urban and Regional Planning Emeritus at the University of Southern California. He is the author of twenty books, including Planning: Universal Process (Praeger, 1990), Planning and Human Survival (Praeger, 1992), and Telepower, Planning, and Society (Praeger, 1994).
- Author(s)Melville C. Branch
- Date of Publication28/01/1997
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.