All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe inside story of Argentina's remarkable movement to create factories run democratically by workers themselves. The worker-run factories of Argentina offer an inspirational example of a struggle for social change that has achieved a real victory against corporate globalisation. Lavaca is an Argentine editorial and activist collective. The writer of the foreword, Naomi Klein, is an award-winning journalist and author of No Logo. Avi Lewis is an author and filmmaker. Klein and Lewis coproduced The Take, a film about Argentina's occupied factories.
- Author Biographylavaca is an editorial and activist collective, formed in 2001 in Buenos Aires, with the aim of chronicling, sharing the experiences of, and building solidarity with, social movements in Argentina and beyond. Naomi Klein is an award-winning journalist and author of the international best seller No Logo: Taking Aim at the Brand Bullies. In 2004, she released The Take, a film about Argentina's occupied factories, co-produced with director Avi Lewis. Avi Lewis is an author and filmmaker, who's most recent project was The Take, a film about Argentina's occupied factories, co-produced with collaborator Naomi Klein.
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication10/05/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Content Note15
- Weight265 g
- Width134 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lavaca Collective
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.