Sin or Salvation: Implications for Psychotherapy by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $145.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $65.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen in therapy, women inevitably present both sexual and spiritual issues of importance. However, there has yet to be brought forth an integrating approach to women's sexuality and spirituality. The book fills this gap, integrating these two diverse yet connected aspects of therapy. This invative exploration of women's experiences of their sexuality and spirituality is presented from a feminist psychological perspective, clearly illustrating the dichotomy that exists in Western culture and offering a unique approach for convergence. This book provides therapists with positive and self-affirming viewpoints and practical strategies to help harmonize sexual and spiritual issues in women clients. The book uses a synergistic perspective to facilitate healing for women's psycho/sexual/spiritual growth and development. Therapists are provided with invaluable tools for personal understanding and clinical practice when considering sexuality and spirituality and how they interact in a client's life. This book is crucial reading for psychotherapists, counselors, social workers, educators, pastoral counselors, and anyone interested in learning more about the intersections between sexuality and spirituality. This book was published as a special issue of Women & Therapy: A Feminist Quarterly.
- Author BiographyAmy Mahoney is a mental health consultant and has worked with homeless, mentally ill women for the past 22 years. She is an active member of several professional organizations including the American Psychological Association (APA), the Association of Women in Psychology (AWP) and the American Association of Service Coordinators (AASC). Oliva M. Espin is Professor Emerita of Women's Studies at San Diego State University and of Psychology at the California School of Professional Pstchology at Alliant International University.She was a pioneer in the theory and practice of feminist therapy with women from different cultural backgrounds.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/10/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAmy Sutton Mahoney,Oliva M. Espin
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.