All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe massive jagged tooth of land between Africa and Asia, the Sinai is the fabled Biblical setting of The Exodus. It's a region of high mountains and sweeping deserts, home to wandering Bedouin tribes, Byzantine monasteries and crumbling Egyptian temples. Walk ancient trails and discover one of the Middle East's most exciting new trekking destinations. The Sinai can be trekked all year and it's on the doorstep of Europe. Budget airlines fly direct and the trekking is affordable if you organise everything independently. Once you finish on trail it's easy to stay occupied off it at nearby Red Sea resorts with their gin-clear waters and coral reefs. * Choosing and arranging a trek - When to go; trekking agencies; arranging guides and cameleers * Practical information - planning your trip, visas, getting to Egypt, travel tips * Background to Egypt & Sinai - history, people, culture, food, flora & fauna * Sharm el Sheikh, Dahab, Taba, El Tur - hotels, restaurants, sights, street plans * Health, safety & responsible tourism. Trek safely in this fragile regio * Language - survival Arabic * Waypoints - downloadable to your GPS. Includes trekking options from one day to one week (or more) with 74 large-scale trekking maps showing walking times, water sources and all points of interest. Covers treks in the High Mountain, Wadi Feiran and desert regions. ● Mount Sinai (Jebel Musa) ● Jebel Katherina & Jebel Abbas Basha ● Jebel Umm Shomer ● Galt el Azraq ● Jebel el Deir ● Northern Peaks Circuit ● Jebel Serbal Circuit ● Jebel Salla ● Wadi Feiran to Serabit el Khadem ● Ras Shaitan to Ein Hudera ● The Haduda Dune ● Desert Traverse This is the most comprehensive trekking guide to the Sinai yet published and is an all-in-one travel guide for the peninsula; it's the ONLY book you'll need.
- Author BiographyBen Hoffler grew up in the Midlands, UK. He studied geography at Hertford College, Oxford, before working as a shipwreck hunter for Odyssey Marine Exploration. In 2008, he moved to Egypt and soon discovered the Sinai, walking the peninsula as widely as possible. He lives in Alexandria now and spends a few months in the Sinai every year. He's a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and has a special interest in the nomadic cultures of the Middle East.
- Author(s)Ben Hoffler
- PublisherTrailblazer Publications
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationHindhead, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrailblazer Publications
- Content Note30 colour photos, 74 detailed trekking maps and 8 town plans
- Weight345 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.