All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionAs the first comprehensive study of its kind, this book analyzes the dynamics, processes, mechanisms, and consequences of socio-ecomic and political changes in Singapore Chinese society from 1945 to 1965. By employing a wide range of primary materials that have been rarely used before, the authors have demonstrated the multi-dimensionality and complexity of the Chinese society in postwar Singapore, which was full of vitality and politically active. They argue that the combination of the internal dynamism and the changing socio-political framework shaped the nature and characteristics of the Chinese community and its fundamental role in the making of modern Singapore. This study is essential reading for an understanding of t only the Chinese politics and business networks in postwar Singapore, but also the historical evolution of the newly independent Republic.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Hong Liu is Associate Professor at the Department of Chinese Studies and Assistant Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore. He has held visiting appointments at the universities of Amsterdam, Kyoto, Peking, and Stockholm and has published widely on the Chinese Diaspora and modern Asia. Sin-Kiong Wong is Associate Professor and Deputy Head of the Department of Chinese Studies, National University of Singapore. He received his Ph.D. in history from Indiana University. He has taught at Purdue University and held visiting positions at University of California-Berkeley and Academia Sinica, Taiwan. In addition to numerous articles in referred journals, he is the author of two books, including China's Anti-American Boycott Movement in 1905: A Study in Urban Protest (Peter Lang, 2002).
- Author(s)Hong Liu,Sin-Kiong Wong
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note1 fig., num. tables
- Weight560 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.