All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the essays among the twenty-nine making up this collection salute taletellers, furnishing demonstrations by way of tall tales and short sayings, ghost stories and family stories, anecdotes of frontier preachers and hound dogs, and superstitions and folk medicine. Add tales of outlaws, buried-treasure searches, ethnic lore localized in the state, and many other subjects, and you have something to suit anybody's taste. A Publication of the Texas Folklore Society.
- Author BiographyWilson M. Hudson was the editor of the Texas Folklore Society from 1963 to 1971 after becoming associated with the Society when he began teaching at The University of Texas. Mody C. Boatright (1896-1970) served as Secretary-Editor of the Texas Folklore Society for twenty years. He obtained his M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Teas, where he taught for four decades. His contributions to folklore study and the Texas Folklore Society are innumerable. Allen Maxwell was a former editor of The Southwest Review and former book editor for The Dallas Morning News.
- PublisherUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/06/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitlePublications of the Texas Folklore Society (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationDenton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAllen Maxwell,Mody C Boatright,Wilson M Hudson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.