All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake your voice to the next level and grow as a performer Whether you're a beginning vocalist or a seasoned songster, Singing for Dummies makes it easy for you to achieve your songbird dreams. This practical guide gives you step-by-step instructions and lots of helpful tips, hints, vocal exercises, reminders, and warnings for both men and women, including advice on the mechanics of singing, discovering your singing voice, developing technique, singing in performance, maintaining vocal health, and performing like a pro. This Second Edition is an even greater resource with additional vocal exercises, new songs, and information on the latest techlogy and recording devices. * Covers comprehensive singing techniques, finding one's pitch, the importance of posture and breath control, and taking care of one's voice * Discover how to sing alone or with accompaniment * The updated CD features new tracks and musical exercises, as well as demonstrations of popular technique, scales and pitch drills, and practice songs for singers of all levels Singing for Dummies, Second Edition contains all the information, practices, techniques, and expert advice you need to hone your vocal skills with ease! Note: DVD and other supplementary materials are t included as part of eBook file. These materials are available for download upon purchase.
- Author BiographyPamelia S. Phillips, DMA, is the Professional Program Director and Chair of Voice and Music at Collaborative Arts Project 21 (CAP21) in New York. A seasoned performer, her appearances range from contemporary American Opera premieres to guest performances with major symphonies. Pam has taught extensively at such institutions as Arizona State University and Wagner College. She holds degrees in music education and vocal performance.
- Author(s)Pamelia S. Phillips
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations +
- Weight544 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.