Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a third of all voice students at Germany's conservatories come from abroad. Singing Opera in Germany is the first book devoted specifically to this target group. It guides foreign students and young professionals on their career path from their choice of vocation to their first engagement in a German theatre. Among the topics it discusses are the demands of training and everyday professional life, including auditions, caring for the voice, opera choruses, and acting on the opera stage. It also has useful tips on such mundane matters as visas, work permits, contracts, money, taxes, insurance, and writing applications. Rounding off the book is a bilingual glossary of technical terms (from German to English and English to German), a select bibliography, mailing addresses, and suggested repertoire. The contents include: Daily living in Germany; Studying in Germany; How to audition; Professional behaviour; Managing your career; Sample letters in German; Valuable web-sites; and, German-English theatre terms.
- Author BiographyMarita Knobel was born in South Africa and sang as a soloist in Germany for more than 30 years. Brigitte Steinert works in a cultural institute in Munich as chief librarian and events organiser.
- Author(s)Brigitte Steinert,Marita Knobel
- PublisherBarenreiter-Verlag Karl Votterle
- Date of Publication14/12/2005
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintBarenreiter-Verlag Karl Votterle
- Content NoteIll, mus.exs, d.
- Weight320 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.