All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForgiveness is the key to the recovery of the soul. It is this lesson that the characters in Bebe Moore Campbell's poignant new vel must learn. Life is good for Maxine McCoy. She is the executive producer of a popular talk show, married to a man she loves, and pregnant with their child. But her security is shattered when a call from the caretaker of her seventy-six-year-old grandmother, who reared the orphaned Maxine, summons her back to the old neighborhood she'd rather forget. Once a brilliant singing star, Maxine's grandmother, Lindy, has become a smoking, drinking, embittered woman whose glorious voice has atrophied from disuse. The aspiring community Maxine grew up in is w a blighted, crime-infested area, its residents resigned to living narrow lives of fear and despair. Maxine is determined to move her grandmother away from the hopelessness around her, but Lindy is prepared to fight for her independence. When an opportunity arises for Lindy to sing again, both she and Maxine understand that Lindy and her neighborhood are worthy of restoration.
- Author BiographyBebe Moore Campbell was a bestselling author and a journalist. Her nonfiction work has appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Ms., Essence, Black Enterprise, Ebony, Working Mother, USA Weekend, and Adweek, among other publications. She was a regular contributor to National Public Radio.Bebe Moore Campbell was the author of such national, critically acclaimed bestsellers as Brothers and Sisters, Singing in the Comeback Choir, Your Blues Ain't Like Mine, and What You Owe Me as well as the award-winning children s book, Sometimes My Mommy Gets Angry and the recently published Stompin at the Savoy.Campbell was born and grew up in Philadelphia and graduated from the University of Pittsburgh, where she earned a bachelor of science degree in elementary education. She taught elementary and middle school for five years. She is survived by her husband, Ellis Gordon, Jr., her daughter, the actress Maia Campbell, and a son, Ellis Gordon III.
- Author(s)Bebe Moore Campbell
- PublisherBerkley Publishing Group
- Date of Publication09/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Group
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.