All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest book from rewned singles expert Bella DePaulo includes new writings as well as articles previously published in Time magazine, Quartz, and a scholarly volume: 1.Welcome to Bigger, Broader Ways of Thinking about Families 2.How Our Families Became So Much More Than Just Mom, Dad, and the Kids 3.Invative Families and Invative Ways of Living 4.Why Do People Get Angry at Women Who Stay Single and Don't Have Kids? 5.Single, No Children: Who Is Your Family? While many might be tempted to dismiss single people with children as having family at all, Professor DePaulo has never been one to put up with that sort of marginalizing of people who are single. She instead provides a powerful case for the outsized role of single people in holding families together, creating new kinds of families, and coming up with invative ways to live.
- Author BiographyBella DePaulo (PhD, Harvard), a social psychologist, is the award-winning author of How We Live Now: Redefining Home and Family in the 21st Century, and Singled Out: How Singles Are Stereotyped, Stigmatized, and Ignored, and Still Live Happily Ever After, as well as more than 100 scholarly publications. She writes the Living Single blog for Psychology Today and the Single at Heart blog for Psych Central. She has also contributed to the Huffington Post and to the Solo-ish column at the Washington Post. Professor DePaulo has written for publications such as the New York Times, the Guardian, Time magazine, Forbes, Nautilus, and the Chronicle of Higher Education. Atlantic magazine described Dr. DePaulo as America's foremost thinker and writer on the single experience. She is a Project Scientist at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and lives in Summerland. Visit her website at www.BellaDePaulo.com.
- Author(s)Ph D Bella Depaulo
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.