All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe book integrates theoretical analysis, numerical simulation and modeling approaches for the treatment of singular phemena. The projects covered focus on actual applied problems, and develop qualitatively new and mathematically challenging methods for various problems from the natural sciences. Ranging from stochastic and geometric analysis over nlinear analysis and modelling to numerical analysis and scientific computation, the book is divided into the three sections: A) Scaling limits of diffusion processes and singular spaces, B) Multiple scales in mathematical models of materials science and biology and C) Numerics for multiscale models and singular phemena. Each section addresses the key aspects of multiple scales and model hierarchies, singularities and degeneracies, and scaling laws and self-similarity.
- Author BiographyMichael Griebel is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Numerische Mathematik, and is in the LNCSE Editorial Board. He is also co-editor with Marc Alexander Schweitzer of several LNCSE volumes on Meshfree Methods for Partial Differential Equations, which have been published regularly every two year.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 58 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight824 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMichael A. Griebel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.