All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionSir Robert Peel provides an accessible and concise introduction to the life and career of one of the most political leaders of the nineteenth century. Perhaps best kwn for seeing through the Repeal of the Corn Laws, Peel had an ermous impact on political life of his age and beyond. Eric J. Evans reassesses Peel's career, arguing that although Peel's executive and administrative strengths were great, his arrogance, lack of empathy with the development of political parties and his inflexible commitment to ecomic liberalism presented political problems which he was incapable of solving. This expanded and fully revised second edition: * fully engages with the extensive new historical work on Sir Robert Peel published since the first edition appeared fifteen years ago * includes a glossary of key terms plus an updated and expanded bibliography, including listing useful websites. Sir Robert Peel is the perfect introduction for all students of nineteenth-century history.
- Author BiographyEric J. Evans is Emeritus Professor of History at Lancaster University. His many books include The Great Reform Act of 1832 (2nd Edition, 1994), William Pitt the Younger (1999), Thatcher and Thatcherism (2nd Edition, 2004) and The Forging of the Modern State: Early Industrial Britain, 1783--1870 (3rd Edition, 2001).
- Author(s)Eric J. Evans
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleLancaster Pamphlets
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.