All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTony Robinson's Weird World of Wonders: World War II was the winner of Best Book with Facts in the 2014 Blue Peter Book Awards, voted for by children. In this bind-up Sir Tony Robinson takes you on a headlong gallop through time, pointing out all the most important, funny, strange, amazing, entertaining, smelly and disgusting bits about World War I and World War II. It's history, but t as we kw it! Find out everything you need to kw in this brilliant, action-packed, fact-filled book, including: - How to build a trench - Why dogs were such good messengers - How plastic surgery was invented - Why you needed a gas mask - Just how useful mashed potato is - How the Battle of Britain was won - What it takes to be a spy - How D-Day was kept a surprise
- Author BiographySir Tony Robinson has written many books on historical subjects, including Tony Robinson's Kings and Queens and The Worst Children's Jobs in History, and the Weird World of Wonders series. He has written several television series for children, including Maid Marian and Her Merry Men, for which he received a BAFTA and a Royal Television Award. He presented Channel 4's archaeology series Time Team for twenty years and played Baldrick in Blackadder.
- Author(s)Sir Tony Robinson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight226 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.