All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAges 8 to 14 years. When England's Queen Elizabeth I asked Sir Walter Raleigh to search for new lands to claim and colonise, her friend and loyal subject pledged to found a colony in tribute to his Queen. This exciting recreation of the founding, loss, and reclamation of the Virginia colony in the late 1500s also describes Raleigh's unsuccessful search for the fabled wealthy kingdom of El Dorado, the deterioration of his relationship with the Queen , and his eventual execution. Other topics include: England's relationships with Spain and other European powers; Raleigh's travel routes; his later explorations; how Natives in America received Raleigh and how the Europeans treated the Natives; Sir Walter Raleigh's imprisonment in the Tower of London before execution.
- Author(s)Nancy Ward
- PublisherCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleIn the Footsteps of Explorers S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Content Notecolour photos & illus
- Weight172 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.