All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times Bestseller A Washington Post BestsellerALos Angeles TimesBestsellerAUSA Today BestsellerOne of Vulture s 100 Greatest Beach Books EverA People Magazine Summer Reading PickOne of Elle, InStyle, and Marie Claire sBest of July Delia Ephron sSiracusais a stunning portrait of two marriages coming unraveled during the stress of travel abroad. Insightful and engaging. A must-read! Sue Grafton, author ofXSiracusais an Italian aria, a Greek tragedy and a modern American masterpiece written by Delia Ephron at the height of her powers. This is a story of two complicated marriages, one vulnerable child, and a trip to Italy that changes each of their lives forever. Secrets, lies, love raging, love dying, and the shame of unrealized potential are exposed in detail under the Sicilian sun. And, like the Moro blood oranges that grow there with abandon, the taste is both sour and sweet at once, but the bitterness that remains is t only haunting but unforgettable. Adriana Trigiani, author ofThe Shoemaker s WifeSiracusais an unusually crackling, tricky journey into the distant land of other people s marriages: their secrets, paradoxes, weaknesses, and pleasures. Delia Ephron writes like a warm-blooded Patricia Highsmith, her story s treachery matched by a deep and easy feel for the various human, imperfect ways that people find themselves bound together, and sometimes painstakingly unbind themselves. An absorbing, tense, and original vel. Meg Wolitzer, author ofThe Interestings An electrifying vel about marriage and deceit from bestselling author Delia Ephron that follows two couples on vacation in Siracusa, a town on the coast of Sicily, where the secrets they have hidden from one ather are exposed and relationships are unraveled. New Yorkers Michael, a famous writer, and Lizzie, a journalist, travel to Italy with their friends from Maine Finn; his wife, Taylor; and their daughter, Sw. From the beginning, says Taylor, it was a conspiracy for Lizzie and Finn to be together. Told Rashomon-style in alternating points of view, the characters expose and stumble upon lies and infidelities past and present. Sw, ten years old and precociously drawn into a far more adult drama, becomes the catalyst for catastrophe as the vel explores collusion and betrayal in marriage. With her inimitable psychological astuteness and uncanny understanding of the human heart, Ephron delivers a powerful meditation on marriage, friendship, and the meaning of travel. Set on the sun-drenched coast of the Ionian Sea, Siracusa unfolds with the pacing of a psychological thriller and delivers an unexpected final act that ne will see coming.
- Author BiographyDelia Ephron is a bestselling author and screenwriter. She has written novels, including The Lion Is In and Hanging Up; humor books for all ages, including How to Eat Like a Child and Do I Have to Say Hello?; and nonfiction, most recently Sister Mother Husband Dog (etc.). Her films include You ve Got Mail, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Hanging Up (based on her novel), and Michael. Her journalism has appeared in The New York Times, O: The Oprah Magazine, Vogue, and Vanity Fair. Her hit play Love, Loss, and What I Wore (co-written with Nora Ephron) ran for more than two years off-Broadway and has been performed all over the world. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Delia Ephron
- PublisherBlue Rider Press
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Rider Press
- Weight499 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $16.42
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.