All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKentucky and Tennessee were mirror images of one ather during the Civil War. Both were slave states with large numbers of Union and Confederate sympathizers. Kentuckians and Tennesseans suffered the same hardships as armies waged war within their borders. Bound to each other and to the South by their common culture, ecomy, and values, the people of these two states found themselves on opposing sides at the most critical time in American history. In Sister States, Enemy States , many distinguished historians examine the social, political, and ecomic impact of the war on the people of both states, including disenfranchised groups such as women, refugees, and African Americans. A significant addition to the study of the Civil War in the Bluegrass and Volunteer states, Sister States, Enemy States promises to find a wide audience among scholars and general readers alike.
- Author BiographyKent T. Dollar, assistant professor of history at Tennessee Technological University, is the author of Soldiers of the Cross: Confederate Soldier-Christians and the Impact of War on their Faith. Larry H. Whiteaker, professor emeritus of history at Tennessee Technological University, is the author of The Individual and Society in America. W. Calvin Dickinson, professor emeritus of history at Tennessee Technological University, is the coauthor of Tennessee Tales the Textbooks Don't Tell.
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight759 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byKent T. Dollar,Larry H. Whiteaker,William Calvin Dickinson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.