Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the acclaimed Queen's Gambit, Elizabeth Fremantle brings us a new vel of intrigue and menace at the Tudor Court...1554: Lady Jane Grey is executed by her cousin Queen Mary...Now Lady Jane's younger sisters Katherine and Mary, cursed with the Tudor blood that saw their sister killed, face the perils of the royal court alone. Lady Katherine - young and spirited - makes dangerous romantic liaisons. While Lady Mary - crook - backed and vulnerable - becomes the Queen's reluctant companion, yet yearns to escape court intrigue. And both girls fear their proximity to the Queen might be their undoing. For the childless Queen is ill. If she should die Katherine may be pushed to power, but the Queen's half-sister Elizabeth casts a long shadow and if she gains the throne the court will become a terrifying maze of treachery and suspicion - where holding royal blood could be a death warrant for the two sisters...This sumptuous historical drama is perfect for fans of Philippa Gregory and Hilary Mantel. Through the eyes of the Grey sisters we are given an insight into the treacherous rule of the Tudor Court. Praise for Elizabeth Fremantle: A great read. Sisters of Treason totally transports the reader to the Tudor court, with all its tensions and games. (Katherine Webb, author of The Misbegotten). An endlessly fascinating era, and Fremantle manages to combine pacey storytelling with superb background...it's terrifically entertaining. (The Times). Rich and Enticing. (Stylist). Gripping. (Woman and Home). Elizabeth Fremantle holds a first in English and an MA in Creative Writing from Birkbeck. As a Fashion Editor she has contributed to various publications including Vogue, Elle, and Vanity Fair. Her debut vel, Queen's Gambit, was published in 2013. Sisters of Treason is her second vel.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Fremantle is the critically acclaimed author of Queen's Gambit, Sisters of Treason, Watch the Lady and The Girl in the Glass Tower. She holds a first for her BA in English and an MA in Creative Writing from Birkbeck. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Fremantle
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight341 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.