All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSite and Sound: Understanding Independent Music Scenes examines how independent pop and rock music scenes of the 1980s and 1990s were constituted within social and geographical spaces. Those active in the production and consumption of indie pop and rock music thought of their practices as largely independent of the music mainstream - even though some acts recorded for major labels. This book explores the web of personal, social, historical, geographical, cultural, and ecomic practices and relationships involved in the production and consumption of indie music.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Holly Kruse is Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma. She received her Ph.D. in communication from the University of Illinois.
- Author(s)Holly Kruse
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic [Meanings]
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight280 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.