All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking new medical work demonstrates how modern sedentary lifestyles contribute to poor health, obesity, and diabetes, and how health can be dramatically improved by continuous, low-intensity, movement that challenges the force of gravity. Citing her original NASA research on how weightlessness weakens astronauts' muscles, bones, and overall health, the author presents a simple and effective plan for maintaining good health throughout life by developing new lifestyle habits of frequent gravity-challenging movement. Written for everyone who spends most of their lives sitting in chairs, at desks, and in cars, this practical, easy-to-follow action plan outlines simple gravity-challenging activities such as standing up frequently, stretching, walking, and dancing that are more healthful and effective than conventional diet and exercise regimens.
- Author BiographyJoan Vernikos, PhD, is a motivational speaker and a stress expert. She is the former director of NASA's life sciences division and a member of the space studies board of the National Academy of Sciences. She is the author of The G-Connection: Harness Gravity and Reverse Aging. She lives in Culpeper, Virginia.
- Author(s)Dr Joan Vernikos
- PublisherLinden Publishing Co Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationFresno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width162 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.