Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on formulaic expressions called Situation-Bound Utterances (SBU). These are highly conventionalized, prefabricated pragmatic units whose occurrence is tied to standardized communicative situations. The unique feature of the book is that it discusses SBUs in a cognitive-pragmatic theoretical framework, focusing on four opposing perspectives: molingual versus multilingual approach; formulaic and creative language use; literal and figurative language (salient meaning); SBUs in L1 and L2.
- Author BiographyIstvan Kecskes is Professor and Director of the TESOL Graduate Programs at the State University of New York at Albany, USA.
- Author(s)Istvan Kecskes
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication11/11/2002
- Series TitleStudies on Language Acquisition [SOLA]
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 19
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 1 schw.-w. Abb., 5 schw.-w. Tab.
- Weight468 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.