Situational Analysis: Grounded Theory After the Postmodern Turn by Adele E. Clarke (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $65.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a detailed and comprehensive introduction to situational analysis of qualitative data. Adele E Clarke personally created the situational analysis approach, other book currently deals with it. She carefully situates herself and the situational analysis approach vis-a-vis other current approaches to grounded theory (specifically) and to qualitative data analysis (more generally). Situational Analysis is unique in that it both uses and extends grounded theory; it employs established coding and memoing strategies, while extending the method to include three new kinds of maps and analyses of the situation focused upon in one's research. This is also the first publication about using grounded theory with historical, visual, and discursive materials.
- Author BiographyAdele E. Clarke is Professor of Sociology and Adjunct Professor of History of Health Sciences at the University of California, San Francisco. Trained by Anselm Strauss, she has been using and teaching grounded theory since 1980. Her primary research areas are historical and contemporary sociology of biomedical sciences and technologies (especially reproductive sciences and contraceptive technologies), biomedicalization studies, qualitative research methodologies, and feminist women's health and technoscience studies. She is the author of Disciplining Reproduction: American Life Scientists and the 'Problem of Sex' (University of California Press, 1998). She co-edited The Right Tools for the Job: At Work in Twentieth Century Life Sciences (Princeton University Press, 1992). In women's health, Dr. Clarke co-edited Women's Health: Complexities and Diversities (Ohio State University Press, 1997) and Revisioning Women, Health and Healing: Cultural, Feminist and Technoscience Perspectives (Routledge, 1999). She is the co-editor of Biomedicalization: Technoscience, health, and illness in the U.S.(Duke University Press, 2010) and co-author of Developing Grounded Theory: The Second Generation (Left Coast Press, 2009). She serves as co-editor of BioSocieties: Interdisciplinary Journal for Social Studies of Life Sciences. In 2009 she received the Overall Excellence in Teaching Award from UCSF School of Nursing.
- Author(s)Adele E. Clarke
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/05/2005
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.