Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionWatch a video trailer of the book at http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKU79U_P1w The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on; r all thy Piety r Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it. -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam Kalki echoes the above sentiment when he talks about Fate playing a role in Mahendra Varmar's life. In this volume, he beautifully narrates the various manifestations of Fate. After successfully fending off the Chalukya invasion and ensuring that the Chalukya army has access to food and water, Mahendra Pallavar drives the Chalukya Emperor, Pulikesi, to call for a truce. The statesman in him is keen, however, to convert a foe into a friend. Mahendra Varmar thus invites Pulikesi and his retinue for a diplomatic sojourn in Kanchi and lavishes hospitality on them. During an unguarded moment, the rmally astute Mahendra Varmar reveals to Pulikesi in good faith all the ruses he had employed to counter the Chalukya invasion and also commits the faux pas of remarking on Pulikesi's lack of interest in the arts. These statements goad the disillusioned and vengeful Pulikesi to renege on his commitment to cease hostilities. Two battles are subsequently fought between the Pallavas and the Chalukyas. While the Pallavas are successful in chasing the Chalukyas away, Pallava Nadu bears the brunt of Pulikesi's wrath. The Chalukyas amputate the limbs of sculptors, imprison young men and women, set entire villages on fire and destroy the crops. Fate wields its unpredictable hand further. A rash decision by Aayanar and Sivakami results in Sivakami being abducted by the Chalukyas and her subsequent 'oath'. But these incidents also enable Mahendra Varmar to shape Narasimha Varmar's future in a manner he had always envisaged. Don't miss the action-packed third volume of 'Sivakamiyin Sabadham', which sets the stage for the startling climax of this magnum opus in the fourth and final volume.
- Author BiographyThe translator is an alumna of London Business School and a Director with the Corporate Ratings division of Fitch Ratings at Singapore.
- Author(s)Kalki Krishnamurthy
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated byNandini Vijayaraghavan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.