Six Days: How the 1967 War Shaped the Middle East by Jeremy Bowen (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Six-Day War was an extraordinary human drama. It swept up a generation of Israelis and Arabs whose children still cant live peacefully in the world the war created. Today, Israel is the superpower of the region. It has nuclear weapons but has never been able to digest the land it swallowed in 1967. However big its army, it will never be at peace or feel secure until the future of this land is settled. Thirty-six years after the end of the six days of fighting, after thousands more deaths and the failure of years of negotiation to try to reach a political settlement, Israelis and Palestinians are fighting once again on the streets in the West Bank and Gaza. It is still a low-level conflict, but if ather full-blown Middle East war breaks out, its roots will lie in those six days in June 1967. Drawing on his experiences as the BBC's former Middle East correspondent, and building on extensive original research and interviews with some of the key participants, Jeremy Bowen uses his vast array of contacts to weave together a completely convincing and compelling account, hour by hour, of the 1967 war between Israel and Egypt, Jordan and Syria. As insightful as the best modern history writing and as gripping as fiction, this is a major debut by an author with superb media contacts.
- Author BiographyJeremy Bowen is Middle East Editor for the BBC and has covered the majority of breaking news and stories from the Middle East since the 1991 Gulf War. He is the author of two previous books: Six Days and War Stories.
- Author(s)Jeremy Bowen
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication02/08/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Content Note16pp b-w plates
- Weight340 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.