All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn this swiftly paced and lyrical vel about British expatriates at the time of Indian independence, Paul Scott grapples with the themes of race, possession, and history that dominate all four vels of his masterpiece, The Raj Quartet. As always, Scott fills his book with vivid characters: the seductive, bigoted war widow; the sophisticated, wily Hindu politician; and the athletic young American who only gradually begins to understand the legacy of pain and hatred veiling the woman he has come to rescue. Set against the backdrop of a nation in violent transition - a climate of exhilaration and shifting loyalties - Six Days in Marapore unfolds amidst the possibility of reconciliation, freedom, and healing.
- Author BiographyPaul Scott (1920-78) is the author of The Raj Quartet and Staying On, all published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Paul Scott
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2005
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.