All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Feynman's Six Easy Pieces: The Fundamentals of Physics Explained is an essential introduction to the world of physics by one of its greatest teachers and icons. Richard Feynman inspired people around the world with his scientific brilliance, endless curiosity about the world and urthodox outlook on life. Here he guides the reader through the very basics of physics, including atoms, energy, force, the relation of physics to other sciences, the theory of gravitation and quantum behaviour. Presenting complex ideas in simplified, understandable terms and using illustrations such as shooting bullets, waves on a seashore and even Dennis the Menace's building blocks, Six Easy Pieces gets to the heart of how the world works. One of the very best introductions to physics for the uninitiated . ( Independent ). If one book was all that could be passed on to the next generation of scientists it would undoubtedly have to be Six Easy Pieces . (John Gribbin). With Feynman as a guide, you can't help wondering why everyone is t turning to science . ( Guardian ). The greatest physicist of the twentieth century . ( Sunday Times ). Richard P. Feynman (1918-88) was one of this century's most brilliant and original thinkers. He taught at Cornell and the California Institute of Techlogy and received the Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in quantum electrodynamics. Books by Feynman published by Penguin include QED , and The Character of Physical Law .
- Author BiographyRichard P. Feynman (1918-88) was one of this century's most brilliant and original thinkers. He taught at Cornell and the California Institute of Technology and received the Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in quantum electrodynamics. Books by Feynman published by Penguin include QED, and THE CHARACTER OF PHYSICAL LAW. Forthcoming: THE MEANING OF IT ALL (May 98) and SIX NOT-SO-EASY PIECES (September 98).
- Author(s)Richard P. Feynman
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/1998
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/02/2015
- Content Notephotographs, line drawings
- Weight133 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.