All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- Descriptionwhether the patient is suffering? Should the ability to think and reason be considered as the most important factor? For instance, should a patient with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) who is mentally alert yet unable to move from the neck down be allowed to refuse medical treatment; and, if so, at what point in her treatment should one consider her life longer worth living? Is there a difference between t inserting a respirator into a patient who is unable to breathe and t inserting a feeding tube into a patient who is unable to eat? In other words, where does one draw the line between a life worth living and one that is beyond hope, and what criteria should be used? Several of my cases address this issue. 2. What are the religious influences that affect the decision-making process? Israelis all seem to agree that they are a Jewish state and that their Jewishness is extremely important to their collective identity; however, they have a difficult time defining what this means. There is a great deal of ambivalence, especially among the less religious, as to what role religion should be allowed to play in their lives. Many resent the control that the religious have over their lives; yet, they also feel that it is beneficial and should play some role in affecting the morals of the country.
- Author(s)Randy Linda Sturman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleInternational Library of Ethics, Law, and the New Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 16
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight399 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.